Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Understanding "Why" #1
It is significant to understand “why” the 7th day Sabbath is so important in all of this. I shall seek to explain this as succinctly as possible. However, let us read the Sabbath commandment again – Exodus 20:8-11 – NOG translation
1. God wrote the 10 commandments with His own finger, in stone – meaning that it cannot be changed or altered. He would not allow it to be entrusted to a human to write. That is how important it is. Exodus 24:12
2. The 7th day Sabbath is in the heart of the 10 commandments; it constitutes the fourth commandment.
3. In the fourth commandment rests the seal of God – much like you would find the seal of any official.
4. A seal must bear three things: One’s name, one’s title and the territory over which one resides. This clarifies one’s right to stamp a document with authority.
5. In the fourth commandment, we find these three things, as they pertain to God: Name – Yahweh; Title – Creator (made). Territory – heavens and the earth.
6. Therefore, we find the definitive conclusion that God/Yahweh is the Sovereign Lord of all created things – in heaven and in earth.
7. Consequently, He and He alone deserve man’s worship and praise and not a “pretender to the throne”.
We shall go deeper in the next post. Be sure to return, okay?