Friday, February 24, 2017
Good Looking Out
In the last post, we talked about how to put sin out of your life – basically confessing it, asking Jesus to forgive you, so that He can cleanse you from all unrighteousness. A few things were left out; it is the fact that God is the one who draws you to Himself; also, He gives you the desire to confess and forsake those sins; and lastly He has made provision for your future.
In this post, I shall give you four Scripture verses to substantiate everything that I’ve just said. Therefore, please take this lesson very seriously.
1. “The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” Jeremiah 31:3
2. “Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” Romans 2:4
3. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
I underlined the part which points out the truth to what was said in the previous paragraph. God is a loving heavenly Father, who desperately wants each of us to live with Him forever.
Now, let us move on to letter – D) to seek the well-being of others: What do we mean by seeking the well-being of others? And why should we bother looking out after someone else? Don’t we have enough trouble of our own?
Well, you already know where I am headed to answer these questions – the Holy Bible.
1) “Don’t do anything for selfish purposes, but with humility think of others as better than yourselves. 4 Instead of each person watching out for their own good, watch out for what is better for others. 5 Adopt the attitude that was in Christ Jesus:” Philippians 2:3-5 - CEB Translation
We’re being commanded by Paul, to not be selfish or self-involved; rather look out for the other guy. We need to always remember, that despite whatever we might think, there has always been someone else looking out for us, whether we realized it or not. Therefore, we need to reach back and look out for the next person. Why?
Well, first of all we are commanded to do so; next, we are admonished to have the attitude of Christ. He loved us so much that He gave up the adoration of angels to come down to earth and suffer the penalty of our transgressions. He was thinking about us; He yearned over our salvation; He longs to have each of us live with Him throughout eternity.
2) Therefore, if you are a Christian, you need to be trying to tell someone else about the shortness of the time, in which we are living; their need to prepare their hearts to be saved, and encouraging them to love the Lord, with all of their heart and soul, since He loved each of us enough to die, individually for us. What a mighty God we serve.
Next time, we shall speak directly to those who have not given their hearts to Christ. The time is now for you to do that! Jesus will not delay His return much longer. Remember, the hour of His judgment HAS COME! It is already here.
Until next time:
Study Link: http://bit.ly/2k7LVQN