Monday, June 4, 2018
Hell Fire Forever?
“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” Rev. 14:9-11
Will hell fire burn forever and ever and never go out? Many people believe that because many pastors preach that. However, I have learned to believe what the Bible says, over any person and God has blessed me to understand many bible subjects. Therefore, the answer to that question is NO! Unequivocally, NO! Here is why:
1) II Peter 3:9-10 tells us that Jesus is coming again, as a thief in the night; and when he does, the heavens shall pass away and the earth will be burned up! The earth is going to come to an end! Everything is going to be destroyed by fire.
2) Malachi 4:1-3 states that the earth will one day be burned up and the wicked dead will be ashes under the feet of the righteous. Take note that burning can only continue as long as there is something to burn. When everything is gone, then it is burned up!
3) Isaiah 34:9-11 sheds some light on burning fires started by God. He states that they cannot be quenched – meaning no one can put them out but God. However, once God’s goal of destruction is accomplished, creatures can dwell in the same area.
4) Jude 1:7 speaks of Sodom and Gomorrha as an eternal fire; however, they are no longer burning. The fire destroyed them eternally – forever gone!
5) Lastly, one of the laws of nature, which God created, is that smoke only ascends; it does not descend. Therefore, the smoke associated with any burning will always ascend up and away from the source of fire. Hence, all smoke that has ever existed is still ascending and will continue to ascend forever!
There is so much more that I could add, but investigate this subject for yourself; you will be so much better off.