Monday, December 18, 2017
I want to thank ACPSLLC, for being my guest blogger last week. I hope you enjoyed the blog.
In America and in many parts of the world, December 25th is celebrated as the birth of Jesus Christ, the Messiah and Savior of the world. Just that last thought alone would cause a true Christian, to rejoice and be exceedingly glad, because they know that salvation from sin lies only in Christ.
However, most Christians have no idea about the true date of Christ’s birth. Therefore, allow me to share a couple of basic facts, about the true day of Christ’s death and go from there.
1. All around the world, every country has only twelve months to a year.
2. The amount of time given to form a child in the womb is nine months.
3. The Bible does not give us the month or day of Jesus’ birth, however,
4. The Bible does tell us the month and occasion of His death
5. In the month of Abib Exodus 12:4; on the 14th day, Numbers 9:1-3; The Israelites were to celebrate the Passover, by killing and eating the “Passover” lamb.
6. John, the Baptizer in John 1:29 said of Jesus, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sins of the world”.
7. He was baptized at 30 years of age – Luke 2:21-23
8. Jesus died on the day of Passover, Abib (Nisan) 14, 31 AD; which corresponds with April 5th, - at 33-1/2 years of age.
9. If you add six months to Jesus’ age at death, you will arrive at approximately the date of His birth. No one knows for sure, because He didn’t feel that it was that important
10. Therefore, we can logically conclude that Jesus was born in late September or early October.
You ask, “Well, how did we get to December 25th?” I will answer that question next week. In the meantime, happy holidays; enjoy the season; I do.
Click for exciting info: http://kck.st/2AU5THc