Friday, April 21, 2017
Hopefully, you now understand the significance of the 7th Sabbath, because in understanding that, you will be better able to grasp what I’m about to share with you now.
In an earlier post, I spoke of the little horn of Daniel 7:25, who would “…think to change times and laws…” Well, with regard to the “laws”, the one law that this power attacked is the 10 commandments. And among the commandments, which he altered is the second and the fourth.
In re-writing the 10 commandments, the second commandment, which speaks against bowing down to idols, was eliminated – see Exodus 20:4-6 and the fourth one significantly shortened and another day put in its place.
Read it for yourself; this is taken directly from the Catholic World.
We will finish up this section in the next post. Until then, please be prayerful.
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
It is significant to understand “why” the 7th day Sabbath is so important in all of this. I shall seek to explain this as succinctly as possible. However, let us read the Sabbath commandment again – Exodus 20:8-11 – NOG translation
1. God wrote the 10 commandments with His own finger, in stone – meaning that it cannot be changed or altered. He would not allow it to be entrusted to a human to write. That is how important it is. Exodus 24:12
2. The 7th day Sabbath is in the heart of the 10 commandments; it constitutes the fourth commandment.
3. In the fourth commandment rests the seal of God – much like you would find the seal of any official.
4. A seal must bear three things: One’s name, one’s title and the territory over which one resides. This clarifies one’s right to stamp a document with authority.
5. In the fourth commandment, we find these three things, as they pertain to God: Name – Yahweh; Title – Creator (made). Territory – heavens and the earth.
6. Therefore, we find the definitive conclusion that God/Yahweh is the Sovereign Lord of all created things – in heaven and in earth.
7. Consequently, He and He alone deserve man’s worship and praise and not a “pretender to the throne”.
We shall go deeper in the next post. Be sure to return, okay?
Monday, April 17, 2017
I certainly hope that you took the time to watch the video, in my last post; if you didn’t please take a break and watch it. It is certainly an eye-opener.
Thus far in this section – section #3, I have established the following:
· I have identified this Power
· I have explained why I am under solemn obligation to tell others about this world power
· I have outlined how this power has arisen and is continuing to excel
Now we shall explain how and why “…this power will soon demand worship from every person under heaven.” But before I enter this aspect of the “Times Series”, allow me to share why this power feels that it has the right to demand worship and the type of worship that it will demand.
· In Genesis 2:1-3 we read of how, at the end of the creation week, God established a day of rest – the 7th day Sabbath
· In Exodus 20:8-11 God codified His 10 Commandment law and pointed out specifically, which day was specified to be observed for worship to Him
· This 7th day Sabbath was to remind all who accepted the God of creation, as their God, that He was the one who sanctified them (made them fit for salvation by setting them apart for holy use); see Ezekiel 20:12 & 20.
All of these points are extremely important, if you are to understand the “motive” behind “why” this power will demand worship. We will continue this discussion, in our next post.