Friday, March 17, 2017
Little by little, we are plowing through these “time related” statements made back in January of this year. In this post, we shall cover the fourth element of the second statement. This element declares: “There is little difference seen, in the life of a nominal Christian and an unsaved sinner, in today’s society.”
According to the Word of God, there is certain criteria set-up for the Christian to follow. Once a person declares himself/herself a follower of God, they agree to live their lives in the manner outlined in Scripture. Let’s look at few of them. I am barely scratching the service:
1. 2 Corinthians 5:17 – “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.” KJV - This means that once you confess to being a Christian, your old habits or ways of doing things should change. There is an end to lying, cheating, stealing, committing adultery/fornication and a plethora of other things. Your life is renewed!
2. Luke 9:23 – “And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” KJV – This command entails self-denial, putting others ahead of ourselves; giving ourselves in loving service to people we barely know and not complaining about it to others.
3. Galatians 2:20 – “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” KJV – Although the Christian life can be challenging, only because humans tend to want to do, what they want to do; but this verse makes it clear that Christians are to be spiritually dead to their own desires, when those desires conflict with what God wants to do in us. Therefore, we symbolically crucify or kill our own desires and allow the desires of Christ to live in us and accomplish His desires, since He died for us.
4. Romans 6:16 – “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” KJV – This scripture declares that whomever you obey, you pronounce that person or entity as your ruler; you become the servant. Your choice will lead to life or death – it’s strictly “Your Choice.”
5. John 14:15 – “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” KJV – As servants of the Most High God, we should obey His 10 Commandments – all of them! Many mis-informed people believe that the 10 Commandments have been abolished/destroyed/done away with! Yet, in our civil societies, all around the world, our state laws proclaim them alive and well.
For instance, if you rob from, steal from, lie about (defamation of character), or kill somebody, you will be arrested. These laws pertain to man’s interactions with man, yet there are at least four more that describe how man is to relate to God, which is the key factor.
The bottom line is this, just how many “professed Christians” actually take these things to heart and incorporate them in their lives? Other than attending church services, once a week, most of them do whatever and go wherever they want, regardless to what is outlined in the Word of God.
If you are a Christian, I beg of you to prove me wrong! If you are not a Christian, just observe and see if I’m right.
More: Lessons About God
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
We live in a fast pace world; before you can accustom yourself to seeing one style, another has taken its place. Before you can properly figure out how to use your latest cell phone, there is an upgrade, with even more gadgets than the first one.
Through social media, the world is shrinking and the multitude of sites keeps increasing. All around us is transformation of some sort, in every corner of our lives. There are no barriers to the transformations, even within the most sacred borders of our lives – where we live and worship.
I don’t claim to be the most learned of people; I miss or overlook many of the complex issues taking place in our world. However, I am an earnest student of Sacred Scriptures and seek to stay abreast with the vast changes that have taken and are continuing to take within the walls of Christ’s Holy Sanctuary.
In the beginning, the God of heaven established the universe on three basic truths, which have come under attack, in our world. They are: A) the formation of the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is therein and mankind; B) The 7th-day Sabbath and C) Marriage between a man and a woman. The three items are, and have been under attack by the enemy of souls, since Adam and Eve fell.
1. When we look at the natural creation of God, as outlined in Genesis 1, we see that God made the heavens and the earth in six days. However, Darwin’s evolution theory has undermined the word of God so much, until even the Pope has declared that he accepts the evolutionist theory. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html.
2. In our last post, we covered item B) – as we talked about the introduction of Sunday keeping into the Christian church. (Please read the March 13th blog post for this explanation).
3. Lastly, for item C) I was amazed to read the following article regarding pastors and same sex marriage, in the Huffington Post:
“About 100 evangelical pastors and leaders signed an online letter published Friday supporting the ruling [Same sex marriage], and then went one step further by calling on Christians around the country to continue to work for LGBT rights in other areas — like bullying in schools and employment and housing discrimination.” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/29/evangelical-christians-support-marriage-equality_n_7690408.html
Hopefully, you can better understand why I made statement #3: “Moral principles have broken down, even in the ‘Christian’ church.” If the former are not prime examples of this, I don’t know what more could constitute it!
I trust you will keep reading through this “Times Series”. We shall complete the #4 element: “There is little difference seen, in the life of a nominal Christian in the church”, in the very next post.
More: Lessons About God
Monday, March 13, 2017
We continue from our former post, where we learned that Constantine the Great was initially responsible for introducing a fabricated truth into Christianity on March 3, 321 AD, after he had joined the Christian church. However, the church should have fought against that concept; but because the church received power and status from Constantine, once he moved from Rome and founded Constantinople– Revelation 13:1-2 – they held on to the fabrication. They held on, so much so that the one congregation, affiliated with Constantine, became influential in getting other congregations around the “then known world”, to accept the fabrication that was being presented.
Let us look at this fabrication, a little more closely:
Early Christians observed the seventh day [Saturday] with prayer and rest, but they also gathered on the first day [By command of Constantine and his church congregation]. By the 4th century, Christians were officially observing the first day, Sunday, as their day of rest, not the seventh.
The Hebrew Sabbath, the seventh day of the week, is often spoken of loosely as "Saturday". In the Hebrew calendar, however, the new day begins at sunset, not midnight. The Sabbath therefore coincides with what the Gregorian calendar identifies as Friday sunset to Saturday sunset [The same way that it is referred to throughout Genesis 1: verses 5, 8, 13, 19, 23, & 31, when God was creating the earth and everything in it]. Similarly, the first day of the week ("Sunday") coincides with Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset. The Sabbath remained on the seventh day in the early Christian church. [Note 1] To this day, the Sabbath continues to coincide with the Hebrew Sabbath timing in the church calendars in Eastern Orthodoxy and Oriental Orthodoxy.
The current canons of the Roman Catholic Church (Canon 202 §1) define a day as beginning at midnight. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath_in_Christianity - reference)
Unfortunately, the entire world, with the exception of a few Bible-believing Christians, attend church on Sunday, as their primary day of worship, and mistakenly call it the “Sabbath Day of Rest”, when there is no rest taken. Sunday to most people is just another day to do whatever you desire and go wherever you wish. It is not a true “Holy Convocation” – Leviticus 23:3 – to the Lord, as outlined in the Holy Bible: a day solely dedicated to the worship and activities of God.
In closing, we are admonished, in this scripture – Isaiah 58:13-14 – to turn away from doing our own pleasures and call the Sabbath day, a delight and holy unto the Lord.
I urge you today, to investigate this topic more fully for yourself, and see whether or not a fabrication has taken place in the church, which has blinded nearly the entire world; then once you’ve completed your investigation, decide for yourself, whether or not you wish to continue believing this untruth. The choice is yours.
Study Link: http://bit.ly/2k7LVQN